Tailored Brands, Inc. is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of menswear, including suits and a broad selection of business casual offerings as well as the largest provider of tuxedo rental products in the U.S. and Canada. We operate retail stores in all 50 states and Canada. Our U.S. retail stores are operated under the brand names of Men’s Wearhouse, Jos. A. Bank, Men’s Wearhouse and Tux, and K&G Fashion. Our Canadian stores are operated under the brand name of Moores in ten provinces. Our purpose is we help people love the way they look and feel for their most important moments. We accomplish this by putting customers at the center of every decision, rallying together to achieve common goals, and striving for excellence and continuous improvement. We help fulfill this purpose by valuing differences and knowing they make us better and showing up with courage to always do the right thing. If you want to make a difference, be part of a great team and grow, you might be a perfect fit.
About the Job
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a VP Real Estate to lead our Real Estate, Lease Administration, Facilities and Construction teams. This position is responsible for acquisition/disposition strategy, lease negotiations/administration, asset management, property repairs and maintenance, market analysis, permitting, and re-development activities, while influencing, developing and implementing real estate strategies for the company.
What You’ll Do | Key Accountabilities
- Develop and lead execution of the company's store real estate strategy and deliver on its long-term plan.
- Maximize the performance and value of real estate assets that are leased and owned through strategic planning and improving net operating income through leasing, lease terminations, acquisitions and dispositions of real estate assets.
- Prepare and executes strategic portfolio business growth plan, budgets, and financial forecasts.
- Provide expertise in the strategic planning of real estate assets; develop strategies which best support corporate/business unit objectives while maximizing the return on capital employed.
- Manage relationships & collaborate with outside real estate brokers, consultants, and other third parties as necessary in order to gain priority access to market comps and viable locations
- Evaluate and provide direction and approval to staff responsible for lease negotiations, construction, and all areas of the Real Estate function.
- Determines and articulates the business and financial rationale to support real estate transactions.
- Oversee the construction team, both internal and external and managing construction planning and processes.
- Responsible for all construction efforts regarding the design and completion of all projects including new construction, retrofit construction, renovations, remodels, signage, and major maintenance issues.
- Creates, designs, and implements architectural construction design on all new and remodel construction efforts as required and approved by the company.
- Prepares and maintains budgets, forecasts and reports financial performance relating to all construction, architectural, surveying and final execution of all store construction functions.
- Oversees and participates collaboratively on negotiations for all contracts with general contractors and administers company billing procedures.
- Monitor team performance and results and implement continuous improvements to maximize productivity, profitability, and service.
- Oversees the facilities maintenance program and ensures performance and customer service to the various store, corporate and supply chain facilities.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree required in Business, Real Estate or related field and 15 + years of relevant experience
- Preferred Requirements: Master’s degree in business, Real Estate and/or 15+ years of retail real estate site selection and lease negotiations. (20+ annual deals)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, highly organized, detailed oriented, and proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Knowledge of financial modeling
- Knowledge of Demographic Mapping Software required
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to influence others
- Understanding complex leases/corresponding legal terms
We offer a generous package of health, financial, professional, and work-life benefits. Benefits typically include:
- Medical, prescription, dental, vision, savings accounts, wellbeing program, life/disability, commuter, accidental insurance, legal services, 401k.
- Bereavement, paid holidays, floating holidays, vacation pay, sick leave, adoption assistance, employee discounts and so much more!
We understand the demands of work, school, family, and personal responsibilities. Through our work-life resources and programs we offer services for every stage of life to help you manage the day-to-day needs. We offer programs such as:
- Flexibility to work from a remote location while being available for travel to corporate offices and in markets as needed.
- Summer Fridays | from Memorial Day to Labor Day so you can enjoy a head-start to the weekend
- Holiday Early Departure | close out early the business day before a company observed holiday
Work Environment, Physical & Mental Demands
- Ability to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time
- Ability to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist, and reach on a daily basis
- Able to lift and move up to 25 pounds occasionally
- Must utilize visual acuity, speech and hearing, hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer and office equipment
- Hours regularly 40 hours per week
Work Locations: 02098 Corporate Remote 6100 Stevenson Blvd Fremont 94538-2453
Job: Finance & Accounting
Organization: Tailored Shared Services
Shift: Day Job